Virat Kohli is the name that needs no introduction in the world of cricket. As the former captain of the Indian national cricket team, he has established himself as one of the finest batsmen of all time. Known for his aggressive and passionate approach to the game, Kohli has won the hearts of millions of fans across the globe with his consistent performances on the field. From his early days on Delhi to his rise to international stardom, Kohli’s journey has been nothing short of remarkable. In this article, we will delve deeper into the life and career of Virat Kohli, exploring his early years, his achievements, struggles, and what makes him one of the most iconic in modern day cricket.
Kohli at a glance
|5 November 1988
|Saroj Kohli (Mother)
Prem Kohli (Father)
|Vishal Bharti Public School
|5 ft 9 inch
|Right-arm medium bowler
|Rs. 980 crore (approx)
|Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award
Test debut- 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston.
ODI debut -18 August 2008 against Sri-Lanka at Dambulla
T20 Debut-12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
How good is Kohli in IPL!!
Virat Kohli has played all the seasons for RCB . Virat was bought by the Royal Challengers Bangalore for the price of 12 Lakh in the U-19 quota They didn’t know that they were actually buying the greatest batsman. Delhi has a good chance of buying Virat but they choose Pradeep Sangwan ahead of him and this was their biggest mistake!!!
Lets have a look into Virat Kohli’s IPL Career
Team India captaincy
After MS Dhoni’s Test retirement in 2014, Kohli was appointed Test captain and in 2017, Kohli was named the limited-overs captain too after Dhoni stepped down from the position. Kohli is already India’s most successful captain in Test cricket – with 33 wins in 56 Test matches and his record in limited over format is also commendable with 63 wins in 92 ODIs and 26 wins in 40 T20’s
Records held by Virat Kohli
- The Indian Cricket team captain Virat Kohli is the first Indian cricketer who made a century on his debut in the World Cup 2011.
- Virat is amongst the faster cricketer, who has completed 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 runs in ODI matches.
- He is the fastest cricketer to score 25 ODI tons and the fastest to reach 7,500 ODI runs
- Virat Kohli is the third cricketer in the world after Rickey Ponting and Don Bradman, who scored three double hundreds in the calendar year.
- Kohli is also the first Indian skipper who registered 9 test wins in the calendar year itself.
- He shares a record of 4 double hundreds with Michael Clarke, Don Bradman, and Graeme Sm.
- In international cricket, he made 19,000 runs, becoming the fastest player to do so.
- He is the first Indian test skipper who scored a double century in the overseas test.
Things you don’t know about Virat Kohli
|Cover shot, Flick shot
|Workout, Travelling, Singing, Dancing
|Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops
|Aamir Khan, Johnny Deep, Robert Downey Jr.
|Penelope Cruz, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif
|3 Idiots, Iron Man, Southpaw, Border
|Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
Virat Kohli’s impact on the world of cricket has been immense. With his extraordinary talent, hard work, and dedication, he has become one of the most successful and revered cricketers of all time. His leadership, both on and off the field, has inspired millions of fans around the world, and his achievements have made him a true legend of the sport.
As Kohli continues to play at the highest level, it is clear that he still has much to offer to Indian cricket and the wider cricketing community. His passion for the game and his drive to succeed are as strong as ever, and there is no doubt that he will continue to push himself to new heights in the years to come.
Whether it is leading India to more victories, breaking more records, or inspiring the next generation of cricketers, there is no doubt that Virat Kohli will continue to make a lasting impact on the game he loves.